Two killed in Pakistan building collapseAugust 4th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 4 (IANS) Two people were killed and dozens were injured Thursday when a five-storeyed building collapsed in a densely-populated area of Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, Geo News reported.
The building came down in Baghdadi Mosa Lane of Lyari town and a large number of people were feared trapped under the rubble, said police.
Around 40-50 people are trapped under the rubble with most of them feared to be women and young children, said Karachi’s Commissioner Muhammad Hussain Syed.
- Karachi building collapse toll rises to 16 - Aug 06, 2011
- Five dead, 13 injured in Ahmedabad building collapse (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Building collapses in Andhra, 15 feared trapped - Sep 16, 2011
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, several trapped - Jan 28, 2011
- 14 killed, many injured in Dhaka building collapse - Jun 02, 2010
- One killed, three trapped in Ahmedabad building collapse (Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Karachi building collapse toll rises to 11 (Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- Karachi factory had several emergency exits, all locked - Sep 13, 2012
- Two killed in building collapse (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Delhi building collapse: 20 still buried under debris - Nov 17, 2010
- 32 killed, 90 injured in Delhi house collapse (Fourth Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- 24 killed, 90 injured in Delhi house collapse (Third Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Two die in Pakistan building collapse (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- One killed, 30 injured in Delhi house collapse (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010