Two killed in Northern Ireland army base shootingMarch 8th, 2009 - 7:49 am ICT by IANS
London, March 8 (DPA) A shooting outside an army base in Northern Ireland left two soldiers dead and four other people injured Saturday evening, the BBC reported.
Attackers fired shots from a passing car outside the base in Country Antrim north of Belfast, police told the broadcaster.
The injured included two soldiers and two civilians.
The motive behind the attack remained unclear.
- Pipe bomb found outside church in Northern Ireland - May 03, 2012
- US condemns attack on British soldiers in Northern Ireland - Mar 09, 2009
- Real IRA claims attack on Northern Ireland army base - Mar 09, 2009
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Two US civilians, 10 Afghans killed in attacks - Jul 21, 2010
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Four Iraqi soldiers among six killed in attacks - Sep 21, 2010
- Soldier shoots colleagues before killing himself - Dec 12, 2010
- Ex-US soldier kills six in gurdwara, India outraged (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- Two dead in clashes between Iraqi and Kurdish forces in northern Iraq - Apr 25, 2011
- 17 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Aug 15, 2010
- 57 killed in attacks on Iraqi police stations (Third Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- German soldiers kill five Afghan troops - Apr 03, 2010