Two killed in Malaysia chopper crashJuly 21st, 2012 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, July 21 (IANS) Two bodies were found in a helicopter wreckage Saturday in a remote jungle in Malaysia’s eastern state of Sarawak, Xinhua reported. The chopper went missing Friday.
The body of 27-year-old Siti Khuzaimah Anuar, who worked as a surveyor for Sebiro Holdings, was found by local fishermen around noon, police said.
The body of 53-year-old Peter Ato Mayau, an engineer, was later spotted by villagers assisting in the search and rescue operation.
Ato, who served as state vice president of the opposition People’s Justice Party, was a possible candidate in the next general election, local media said.
Search for the third person, 42-year-old architect Henry Lau Tee Yong, was called off and will resume Sunday.
The three were believed to be en route to inspect a school under construction when the Eurocopter EC 120 helicopter crashed into the Teriso river Friday, around 150 km from state capital Kuching.
The German pilot, 35-year-old Rico Stegar, survived the accident, the cause of whch was still unknown, police said.
- Eurocopter to focus on new markets in India - Mar 13, 2012
- Pilot killed in Turkish helicopter crash - Apr 07, 2011
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Indian state minister killed in helicopter crash - May 04, 2011
- Eurocopter's 2011 market share at 65 percent - Mar 13, 2012
- Wreckage of helicopter carrying Arunachal CM found - May 04, 2011
- Major global IT company to ban e-mail - Nov 29, 2011
- Dominican Republic shipwreck toll rises to 16 - Feb 06, 2012
- Five bodies, wreckage of Dorjee Khandu's chopper found (Second Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Four army officers dead in Sikkim chopper crash (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Army chopper goes missing in Nagaland - Aug 18, 2010
- Hilliard Davidson High School Student Rico Butler Found Dead - May 26, 2010
- Villagers found Khandu chopper wreckage: ITBP official - May 04, 2011
- Jordan Landon survives for two days in a car wreck with his dead father - Nov 16, 2011
- Tribals find crashed chopper, Khandu's mutilated body (Night Lead) - May 04, 2011
Tags: architect, ato, chopper, eurocopter ec 120, fishermen, general election, german pilot, helicopter, henry lau, justice party, kuala lumpur, local media, search and rescue, state of sarawak, state vice president, surveyor, tee yong, third person, wreckage, xinhua