Two killed in Iraq bomb explosionApril 10th, 2009 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, April 10 (Xinhua) At least two people were killed and 15 injured in two bombings in Iraqi province of Diyala, an official said.
The two people, including a woman, were killed when a civilian car was damaged by a roadside bomb in al-Mansorea district, about 35 km east of Baqubah, the capital city of the province. Five people were injured in the bombing, according to the source.
The explosion site was immediately cordoned off by Iraqi security forces. With the cooperation of local residents, four gunmen, including two Al Qaeda members, were arrested in the following investigation.
In a separate incident, at least 10 people were injured by a cycle bomb explosion near a wedding party in al-Askaree district, about 30 km east of Baqubah, the source said.
Diyala is considered one of the most dangerous provinces in the country.
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- Nine wounded in Iraq bomb attacks - May 17, 2012
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills five Iraqi soldiers - Aug 03, 2012
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010