Two injured in Srinagar blastJune 5th, 2008 - 1:16 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 4 (IANS) Two civilians were injured in a powerful grenade explosion at Kawdara in Sringar late Wednesday, shattering months of lull in the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir. Police said separatist militants tossed a grenade at a bunker of the paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) at Kawdara. The grenade exploded on the road after hitting the target.
“Two civilian passers-by were injured in the blast. They were taken to hospital for treatment,” a senior police officer said.
Earlier, a bomb disposal squad defused a powerful hand grenade near a bunker at Batmallo in the city uptown.
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- Four CRPF troppers wounded in Srinagar blast - Jul 25, 2010
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade attack - May 14, 2010
- One killed, four injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Five wounded in explosion in Srinagar (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Civilian wounded in Kashmir grenade explosion - Mar 26, 2010
- Two injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Jan 13, 2009
- Two CRPF men killed, 14 injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 31, 2009
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 28, 2012
- Four wounded in Srinagar grenade blast - Aug 08, 2009
- Kashmir minister escapes bid on life, cop killed - Dec 12, 2011