Two Indians held in Nepal for bid to kidnap schoolgirlMarch 5th, 2010 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, March 5 (IANS) Two Indian men have been arrested in western Nepal for allegedly trying to kidnap a schoolgirl, police said.
Molazim Mian, 38, and Mohammad Mahim, 30, both residents of Motihari district in eastern India’s Bihar state, were arrested in Syangja district Thursday, police said.
The two men, who were running a small business in Syangja’s Putalibazar area, tried to abduct Manisha Kunwar, a 10-year-old schoolgirl while she was on her way to school, police said.
However, the fourth grader was rescued by teachers of her Roshni Boarding School who also caught the two men and handed them over to police.
A sharp rise in child abductions in Nepal last year has contributed to growing public anger.
When a police team went to search the room where the two men stayed, they came under a hail of bricks and stones. Inspector in charge, Resham Bahadur Shrestha, was injured, police said.
In the past, there have been several incidents of villagers lynching people, sometimes simply on the suspicion they were part of a child-lifting gang.
- Villagers lynch two men in Tripura - Mar 25, 2012
- Marwari don becomes Nepal's most wanted - Jul 09, 2010
- Five Indians narrowly escape lynching in Nepal - Jun 28, 2009
- 4 Indians held in Nepal for Dalit girl's murder - Dec 05, 2009
- Woman abducted from Bihar station - Jul 18, 2012
- Nepal villagers try to set Indian border guard ablaze - Dec 09, 2010
- Two suspected criminals lynched in Bihar - Apr 27, 2011
- Mentally challenged woman lynched in Bihar - Aug 04, 2010
- Two kidnappers lynched in Mexico - Feb 12, 2012
- India pays tribute to Nepali stars in Mumbai - Jan 16, 2011
- Two 'rapists' lynched in West Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Indian gets 39-year jail for slaying Nepali schoolgirl - Nov 20, 2010
- 12-year-old boy abducted in Bihar - May 09, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: bihar state, boarding school, bricks and stones, child abductions, eastern india, hail, indian men, indians, mahim, manisha, mian, mohammad, police team, public anger, school police, schoolgirl, shrestha, suspicion, two men, western nepal