Two Indians held in Malaysia with drugsAugust 10th, 2010 - 10:10 am ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 10 (IANS) Malaysian Police have arrested two Indians at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport with nine kilograms of ketamine taped to their bodies.
The men, aged 40 and 28, had arrived from Chennai, India, and were waiting for their luggage when a team from the Selangor state police headquarters detained them last Friday.
The 40-year-old suspect had three packets of ketamine taped around his belly and four packets taped around his legs.
The other suspect was also found with similar packages around his legs and belly.
The drugs were worth about RM280,000 ($88,711), New Straits Times said Tuesday.
Selangor narcotics Chief Assistant Commissioner Nordin Kadir said police had received a tip-off about the duo’s activities and were waiting for them.
“According to their passports, they had entered Malaysia three times before their arrest,” Kadir said.
Malaysia says it is being used as a major transit point for drugs smuggling and movement of men seeking jobs.
- Schoolgirls in Malaysia selling sex for free supply of drugs - Sep 06, 2009
- Three Indians held with drugs in Malaysia - Dec 10, 2009
- Malaysian football betting syndicate busted, over 100 arrested - Apr 05, 2012
- 15 Indians held for trying to steal a disused railway line in Malaysia - May 04, 2011
- Over 80 Muslims arrested for celebrating Valentine's Day in Malaysia - Feb 16, 2011
- Pregnant woman held with drug-soaked jacket - Oct 14, 2009
- Indian lawyer missing after meeting friends in Malaysia - Sep 14, 2010
- Two held in Malaysia for trying to extort money from Indian - Sep 19, 2010
- Malaysian Indian admits links with serial killers - Sep 18, 2010
- Third Iranian suspect in Bangkok bombing held in Malaysia (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Six foreigners held in Malaysian drug bust - Nov 21, 2011
- Suspected lawyer killers to remain in custody: Malaysian court (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Guard accused of dozing off kills colleagues - Aug 28, 2010
- Two Indians freed from death row in Malaysia - Aug 07, 2012
- Three brothers face hangman's noose in Malaysia - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: assistant commissioner, chennai india, chief assistant, drugs smuggling, indians, kadir, ketamine, kilograms, kuala lumpur international, kuala lumpur international airport, last friday, malaysian police, narcotics, new straits times, nordin, passports, seeking jobs, selangor state, state police headquarters, transit point