Two Indian brothers killed in US plane crashJuly 16th, 2010 - 11:08 am ICT by IANS
By Arun Kumar
Washington, July 16 (IANS) US federal investigators are trying to find the cause of a plane crash in Texas that killed two brothers from Bangalore, India and a friend.
The single-engine plane slammed into a field in Hood County town of Tolar about 9.30 p.m. Tuesday night, ending what was to be a fun trip to Stephenville for a barbeque - a Texas treat for Pratik Kalaichelvan visiting his brother in Arlington.
The right wing of the 1964 Beechcraft Bonanza hit the ground, and the single-engine plane tumbled, according to an National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigator cited by local WFAA-TV.
Officials said the four-seat aircraft was registered to the pilot, 26-year-old Casey Brinegar. He died along with his friend and fellow pilot Kartik, 22, and his brother Pratik, 19, who was days away from returning to India.
“The young pilot was looking for a place to land, I assume,” said Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Dub Gillum. “He did a fabulous job not crashing into a house.”
Trooper Gillum believes the pilot might have landed it if he had had just a bit more daylight, the TV website said.
Friends cited by WFAA-TV said Casey Brinegar was a superb pilot and instructor at the Skymates flight school in Arlington, although Tuesday’s flight was strictly for pleasure in Brinegar’s personal plane.
Friends said Kartik Kalaichelvan learned to fly from Brinegar, and was accumulating flight time before returning to India to be a commercial pilot like his father.
An NTSB investigator said a preliminary report on the crash will be issued next week.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two killed in small plane crash in US - Feb 22, 2012
- Austrian to circumnavigate world in small plane - May 12, 2012
- US President Obama scolds reporter - Apr 20, 2011
- Two dead in small plane crash in Austria - Aug 22, 2011
- Two killed in Russian trainer plane crash - Dec 04, 2011
- Pilot dies after mid air collision in UK - Jul 05, 2011
- Six dead as plane crashes in Brazil - Jan 16, 2011
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- Plane crash kills four in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Asiana Airlines pilot took out life insurance policies month before crash - Aug 01, 2011
- Small plane crashes in Buckeye, Arizona; no injuries - Apr 23, 2010
- One dead after small plane crashes in Jefferson County, Indiana - Apr 20, 2010
- Former Alaska state legislator dies in small plane crash - Jul 13, 2012
- French envoy to Madagascar survives plane crash - May 11, 2011
- Bodies of missing South Korean pilots found months after crash - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: arun kumar, bangalore india, beechcraft bonanza, commercial pilot, department of public safety, engine plane, fabulous job, federal investigators, fellow pilot, flight school, kalaichelvan, national transportation safety, national transportation safety board, ntsb, personal plane, plane crash in texas, seat aircraft, texas department of public safety, transportation safety board, wfaa tv