Two held in Italy for forcing 10-year-old to marryJune 4th, 2012 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, June 4 (IANS/AKI) Two gypsy men were Monday arrested in Italy for allegedly abducting a 10-year-old girl and forcing her to marry one of them.
The two men from Montenegro - aged 48 and 23 - were charged with kidnapping and causing grievous bodily harm. They were arrested in Gugliano in Campania region.
The men allegedly abducted the girl from a gypsy camp, and tried to persuade her to marry one of the pair.
The girl’s mother called police after she was assaulted by the men when she tried to stop them from kidnapping her daughter.
In Italy, the legal marriageable age is 18, or 16 with a court permit.
- Italian kills wife for being 'too beautiful' - Jul 03, 2012
- Dozens of mafia men held in pan-European drugs bust - Jun 04, 2012
- Five held in Italy over teenage prostitution - Sep 21, 2012
- Nearly 50 mafia men held in Italy - Jun 07, 2012
- City life damages sperm count, study shows - Dec 30, 2011
- Italian teacher held for giving passing grades for sex - Jun 28, 2012
- 3,400 fake disabled, poor found in Italy - Aug 07, 2012
- Berlusconi aide to act in porn movie - Aug 20, 2012
- Italy's macho soldiers asked to remove tattoos - Aug 17, 2012
- Italy bans New Year fireworks to protect pets - Dec 29, 2011
- No sex if elected, promises Italian politician - Aug 21, 2012
- Syrian PM's defection shows isolation of Assad: Italy - Aug 06, 2012
- Berlusconi won't run for re-election in 2013 - Apr 14, 2011
- Trucker held in Italy for 'radioactive' cargo - Oct 07, 2010
- Mobster released in Italy due to beans allergy - Mar 24, 2012