Two guerrillas, trooper die in Kashmir shootoutJune 27th, 2008 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 27 (IANS) Two separatist guerrillas and a trooper were killed in a shootout in north Kashmir Friday morning, the police said. Troops of 24 Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and Special Operations Group (SOG) of the state police surrounded the forest area at Kachpathri near Kangan in Ganderbal district, 35 kms from here. Massive searches were launched on specific information about the presence of a group of insurgents, the police said.
“During the searches, hiding militants opened fire at the security forces, resulting in the death on-the-spot of a soldier. Another trooper was critically wounded and was evacuated to hospital,” a police officer said.
“The cordon was further tightened and the hiding militants were engaged in a sustained gunfight. Two militants have been killed,” the officer said.
“Arms and ammunition have also been recovered from the slain militants,” claimed the officer.
- Guerrilla killed, soldier wounded in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Two troopers hurt in Kashmir firing - Apr 30, 2011
- Two separatist guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Oct 12, 2011
- Three militants, one trooper killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 22, 2010
- Two foreign guerrillas killed in Kashmir's Sopore (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Militant, cop killed in south Kashmir gunfight - Mar 19, 2011
- Four guerrillas killed in Kashmir (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir gunbattle (Lead changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2011
- Gunfight in north Kashmir - Jun 30, 2012
- Two troopers injured in Kashmir firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Three militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 14, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir - May 05, 2012
- Five LeT men, soldier killed in Kashmir gunfight (Third Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: ammunition, forest area, friday morning, gunfight, insurgents, june 27, kangan, kashmir, north kashmir, police officer, presence, rashtriya rifles, security forces, separatist guerrillas, sog, soldier, special operations group, state police