Two friends marry after falling in love during three-year global sailing tripDecember 14th, 2008 - 6:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 14 (ANI): Two friends, who set out on an adventurous round the world trip on a yacht, tied the knot after falling in love at sea.
Jim Brockett, 42, and Gerardine McNulty, 35, were just friends when they decided to leave their jobs to go on the expedition in January 2006.
They used their combined life savings to buy a 100,000 pounds yacht, Albert II, and visited 42 countries during 1,029 days at sea.
Love began to blossom as the couple swam with dolphins and fed sharks on the 32000 miles trip.
They got engaged in December 2007 when, dressed in a Father Christmas suit, Brockett proposed to Gerardine known as Ged on the island of Phuket, Thailand.
“It truly was a dream come true for me it was a trip that will stay with me for the rest of my life, the Telegraph quoted Jim as saying.
“But the best bit was being with Ged for all that time.
“We got on together so well and things just seemed to click and fit in place perfectly. We never really had any major fallouts.
“Marriage was not something I was thinking about but the relationship just got stronger and stronger until it seemed right to propose,” he added.
They arrived back in Britain last month and on November 29 married in front of 120 guests at The Old Bell Hotel in Malmesbury
Mrs Brockett, who had no sailing experience, said: “When he asked me to go with him I didn”t hesitate to say yes.
“Some might say it was a bit of a risk but the way I see it, nothing venture nothing gained,” she added. (ANI)
- Nintendo Wii helps stroke patients recover - Jul 21, 2012
- Why getting mad at your spouse is important - Jan 08, 2011
- Getting mad at your spouse may be the secret to a happy married life - Jan 30, 2011
- Frequent sex 'protects' neurotic people's marital happiness - Dec 08, 2010
- Frequent sex makes neurotic newlyweds happy - Dec 09, 2010
- Secret to a happy marriage: Get angry - Aug 04, 2012
- Emirates announces daily flights to Phuket - Aug 03, 2012
- First impression is truly the last impression! - Dec 11, 2010
- No dead dolphins found in Black Sea: Russia - May 18, 2011
- US woman who sent back Russian boy to pay $150,000 - May 18, 2012
- Asia's first dolphin research centre to come up in Bihar - Apr 15, 2012
- World Bank to help save Ganga dolphins - Jan 12, 2011
- UK tycoon Branson to explore ocean's deepest parts - Apr 06, 2011
- Olympic champion Rice happy to focus on preparation - Jul 24, 2012
- Brown joins Rihanna on vacation - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: albert ii, bell hotel, best bit, brockett, days at sea, dolphins, fallouts, father christmas, ged, knot, malmesbury, nothing venture, phuket thailand, rest of my life, sailing experience, sailing trip, sharks, two friends, world trip, yacht