Two fined in Islamabad for litteringOctober 13th, 2011 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 13 (IANS) A man was fined here for throwing a used tissue paper while another was fined for dropping a disposal plate from a car under an anti-littering law in this Pakistani capital.
Ayub Khan and Ahmed Ali were among the first persons to be fined under the law, reported Dawn.
Mohammad Faiz, an official, said they have begun imposing fines on the violators from Tuesday and within two days six people had been penalised.
Islamabad is the first city in Pakistan where the anti-littering law had been introduced.
The minimum fine for littering is Rs.50.
- Now, a fine for littering in Islamabad - Aug 17, 2011
- Faiz Ahmed Faiz's poems translated into German - May 27, 2012
- Acid hurled at two Pakistani teens in Karachi - Dec 26, 2011
- Pakistani parliament passes two bills for protection of women - Dec 13, 2011
- Whistleblowers with a difference - on 'clean Shimla' mission (Letter from Shimla) - Aug 14, 2012
- Pakistani imam, son jailed on blasphemy charges - Jan 12, 2011
- Litter and be fined, Delhi's move to clean up from new year - Dec 16, 2008
- 'Dirty Kumars' to give sanitation lessons in Delhi - Dec 01, 2009
- Islamabad launches major cleanliness campaign - May 14, 2011
- Himachal bans plastic products from Oct 2 - Sep 26, 2011
- Himachal bans plastic cups, plates - Jan 29, 2011
- Haryana to implement strict ban on plastic bags, containers - Nov 14, 2010
- Musharraf's palatial farmhouse may be partially demolished - Sep 13, 2011
- Pakistani tribal council bans mobile phones with camera - Jun 02, 2011
- Urdu poet's film shown in India after 53 years - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , ,