Two ex-Pak Supreme Court judges refuse to take oath under PCONovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
Commenting on emergency, he said that the situation is just like martial law and he therefore refused to take oath under PCO. Justice Sardar Raza Khan said that this is very difficult to know what the decision would be given by 11 judges.
If the judiciary gets the people’s support through media then it would have long term impact.
Justice Rana Bhagwas Das has said that he was still a judge, while his residence has been locked at the outside-taking oath under PCO was unconstitutional and violation of the Supreme Court verdict-these illegal oaths have no locus standi.
Talking to Geo News, Justice Rana Bhagwan Das said that his family was well in Karachi albeit they were in the government building from where coming out was not possible.
As regards the seven judges decision rejecting the enforcement of emergency, he said that the Court could suspend any illegal and immoral order without serving any notice and the interim order was passed. He said it was wrong on the part of government to say that the Court order came after the imposition of PCO and the judges were rendered non-functional.
Justice Rana Bhagwan Das said that the judges taking oath under the new PCO could not hold courts-such an act would be the infringement of Constitution. He said that he had firm faith in God and wished for the situation to improve. (ANI)
- Few Pakistan high court judges denotified - Aug 08, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court directs sitting PCO judges 'not to issue any judicial orders' - Feb 18, 2011
- Pak SC approached to 'hang' Musharraf for subversion of Constitution - Jan 21, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court dismisses PCO judges case objections - Dec 13, 2010
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Pakistani chief justice withdraws from emergency era case - Oct 30, 2009
- Bhagwan Das is head of Pakistan's public service commission - Nov 26, 2009
- Pak Chief Justice to decide if Musharraf should be prosecuted for defying SC order - Feb 03, 2011
- Dead man alive: Apex court asks Jhansi court to probe - Dec 09, 2011
- Pak Attorney General says Parliament can approve Musharraf's trial - Aug 03, 2009
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistani PM faces SC, seeks time to write Swiss letter (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Musharraf booked for judges' house arrest - Aug 11, 2009
Tags: albeit, apex court, bhagwan, dismay, faith in god, geo news, judges decision, locus standi, martial law, mr justice, oaths, pco, rana, raza khan, sardar, supreme court judges, supreme court verdict, term impact