Two earthquakes jolt TibetMarch 24th, 2010 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing/Lhasa, March 24 (IANS) Two earthquakes measuring 5.7 and 5.5 on the Richter scale jolted the Tibetan Autonomous Region in southwest China Wednesday, the Earthquake Networks Centre said.
The first quake, magnitude-5.7, occurred around 10.06 a.m., while the second temblor, magnitude-5.5 occurred about 30 minutes later, both in northern Tibet’s Nyainrong county, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the first quake was 32.4 degrees north latitude and 93.0 degrees east longitude at a depth of about eight kilometres.
The epicentre of the second quake was 32.5 degrees north latitude and 92.8 degrees east longitude at a depth of about seven kilometres.
The quakes hit a sparsely inhabited mountainous area, said Zhu Quan, director with the seismological bureau of Tibet. There was no report of casualties or damage after the quakes.
- 4.5-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 02, 2011
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012
- Strong earthquake jolts China (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- 14 killed in China quake - Mar 10, 2011
- 5.5-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu - Apr 02, 2011
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- Quake rocks Kashmir - Sep 24, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits Vanuatu - Apr 15, 2012
- 5.8 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Moderate quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- 5.6-magniude quake jolts Pakistan - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,