Two die in failed robberyMarch 12th, 2012 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 12 (IANS) Two robbers were killed while another was wounded but escaped Monday in a botched bank dacoity in Pakistan’s port city Karachi.
The robbers wearing police uniform entered a private bank in Nazimabad and held the staff and customers at gunpoint, Online news agency reported.
When the bank manager pressed the alarm, a police official deputed outside the bank intervened, but the robbers fired at him.
The officer retaliated and killed two dacoits. Police seized a Kalashnikov rifle and a motorbike from the dead men.
- Robbers beaten up in Karachi - Mar 18, 2012
- Over 5,000 dacoits held in Karachi in 2012 - Jul 22, 2012
- Four criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2012
- Bank robber shot dead in Karachi - Jan 11, 2012
- Rs.9 mn looted from Karachi bank - Apr 15, 2011
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- 39 held in Karachi for various crimes - Jul 21, 2012
- Police gun down five 'robbers' in Chennai (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Pakistanis kill two shop robbers - Jul 19, 2012
- Rs.60 mn looted from Karachi banks - Jan 01, 2012
- Rs.15 lakh looted from Bengal bank - Jul 23, 2010
- Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle - Feb 10, 2011
- Karachi killings' toll rises to 39 - Jul 07, 2011
- Police launch manhunt for 'Chinese Rambo' - Aug 12, 2012