Two die as planes collide in ArgentinaNovember 22nd, 2011 - 11:25 am ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Nov 22 (IANS/EFE) Two people were killed Monday when their small aircraft collided with an Argentine air force plane over the city of Mercedes, a military spokesperson said. The air force plane was able to make an emergency landing.
Authorities are working to identify the fatalities, said Mariano Mohaupt.
The air force plane suffered significant damage in the collision and had to make an emergency landing, but neither of its occupants were seriously injured, the spokesperson said.
The crash took place near the airfield of a flying club in Mercedes, a city some 100 km west of Buenos Aires.
- Fighter plane crashes in Argentina - Sep 09, 2010
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Pilot hurt as plane lands atop another in Argentina - Jan 21, 2010
- Storm leaves 12 dead in Argentina - Apr 06, 2012
- Air force pilot dies in Brazil plane crash - May 13, 2011
- Small plane crashes in Argentina - Oct 13, 2011
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- 3 die in Mexican plane crash - Nov 01, 2011
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Argentina says oil company owes $8 mn in tax - Feb 16, 2012
- Eight die in two plane crashes in Bolivia - Apr 23, 2012
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Wife indicted in Argentine governor's death - Feb 03, 2012
- Brazil plane crash leaves 16 dead - Jul 14, 2011
- Julio Iglesias to hold concerts in Argentina - Feb 06, 2012