Two die as chopper crashes on Mexican streetOctober 22nd, 2011 - 11:24 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Oct 22 (IANS/EFE) Two people were killed and two injured Friday when a helicopter crashed on a busy street in the Mexican capital, authorities said.
Both the pilot and co-pilot died as the chopper plunged into two parked vehicles on University Avenue, the top official in the Mexico City borough of Coyoacan, Raul Flores Garcia, told the media.
Fernando Alberto Garcia Cuevas, Mexico state’s secretary for Metropolitan Development, and the fourth occupant of the chopper were injured, capital district attorney Miguel Angel Mancera said.
Garcia Cuevas is in stable condition at a nearby hospital, according to Mancera, who said he had no information on the identity of the second injured person.
Police cordoned off the scene of the crash as authorities began an investigation to determine the cause.
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
- Four die in Mexican prison brawl - Oct 22, 2011
- Two held for murder of Mexican actress - Dec 31, 2011
- Olympics: Mexican president lauds divers for silver medal - Jul 31, 2012
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Mexican mother blinds her son in satanic ritual - May 25, 2012
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez turns 85 - Mar 07, 2012
- 11 killed in Mexico violence - Nov 13, 2010
- Military chopper crashes in Mexico - May 30, 2011
- Explosions strike 2 Mexico City banks - May 23, 2011
- Eight die in two plane crashes in Bolivia - Apr 23, 2012
- Argentine ex-spy accused of sex trafficking - Jan 31, 2012
- Actor Garcia Bernal prefers comedy - Feb 16, 2012
- 3 die in Mexican plane crash - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: busy street, chopper, co pilot, cordoned, coyoacan, crashes, cuevas, district attorney, flores garcia, helicopter, mancera, metropolitan development, mexico city, mexico state, miguel angel, nearby hospital, occupant, raul flores, stable condition, university avenue