Two dead in Indonesia bombingSeptember 25th, 2011 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, Sep 25 (IANS) A suspected suicide bomber blew himself up Sunday at a Protestant church in Indonesia’s Java island, killing two people and injuring at least 14, Xinhua reported.
However, reports said one of the dead was probably the bomber himself.
The attack on the church at Solo in central Java was probably carried out by the same group that attacked a police compound in Cirebon in West Java in April, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono told the Jakarta Post.
The suicide blast in a prayer room at the Cirebon police compound killed one and left more than 30 others wounded.
- Suicide blast in Indonesian mosque injures 28 - Apr 15, 2011
- ASEAN pledges to cooperate against terrorism - May 09, 2011
- Bali bombing suspect arrives in Indonesia - Aug 11, 2011
- 12 killed in Nigeria suicide bombing - Jun 03, 2012
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- Indonesia to buy missiles from US - Aug 27, 2012
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- Two suicide bombers killed in Kabul - Nov 14, 2011
- 10 die in Pakistan suicide bombing - Aug 31, 2011
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012
- Over 100 killed, 500 missing as Tsunami hits Indonesia after 7.2 magnitude earthquake - Oct 26, 2010
- Suicide bomber kills nine in Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Indonesia and Australia discuss asylum center proposal and drug smugglers' death sentence - Nov 02, 2010
- Indonesian Health Minister Endang dies from lung cancer - May 03, 2012
Tags: central java, cirebon, indonesia bombing, jakarta post, java island, police compound, prayer room, president susilo bambang yudhoyono, protestant church, suicide bomber, susilo bambang yudhoyono, west java, xinhua