Two dead, 15 wounded in Belgium grenade attack (Lead)December 13th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, Dec 13 (IANS) At least two people were killed and 15 others injured Tuesday when three armed men threw several grenades at a bus stop in a Belgian city, a media report said.
Police said the three men first began to shoot at the crowd, killing one person, and then threw four grenades at a bus stop near the city centre of eastern Belgium’s Liege city, Xinhua reported citing the Belga news agency.
One attacker, aged about 40, was reportedly shot dead by police, while the other two suspects were at large.
The injured include a two-year-old child who was said to be in serious condition.
Police closed the entire city centre and asked people to stay at home until the attackers are arrested.
Witnesses said the attack may have occurred after a prisoner escaped from a city jail.
- Two dead in Belgium grenade attack - Dec 13, 2011
- Four dead, 75 hurt in Belgium attack (Second Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Italian gunman kills two immigrants before killing himself - Dec 14, 2011
- 22 children die in Switzerland accident (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- 28 Belgians die in Swiss bus accident (Third Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Suicide bomber gunned down in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2012
- 28 Belgians die in Swiss bus accident (Evening Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Belgium declares day of mourning after bus crash - Mar 15, 2012
- Two die in grenade attack in Karachi - Feb 08, 2012
- Five policemen among six killed in Peshawar blasts (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- 20 killed as trains collide in Belgium (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- Europe's oldest man living in Belgium - Oct 31, 2011
- Belgian trade union files complaint against ArcelorMittal - Feb 21, 2012