Two crude bomb blasts in VaranasiNovember 15th, 2008 - 11:30 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 15 (IANS) Two low-intensity crude bombs went off in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh late Saturday though there were no reports of casualty, the police said.The bombs exploded in a by-lane adjacent to a mosque in Benibagh locality around 9 p.m., the police said.
“They were crude bombs and no casualities or injuries have taken place. It appears to be the handiwork of some mischievous elements,” Varanasi police chief Vijay Prakesh told IANS by telephone.
A live crude bomb was also recovered at the spot and defused, he added.
“The bombs were of low intensity,” he said, adding that investigations were on to find those who set off the explosions.
- Bomb scare outside Delhi college (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Three crude bombs recovered in Allahabad - Dec 09, 2010
- Three bombs defused in Allahabad (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 09, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh on alert after Delhi blast - May 25, 2011
- Two blasts in Pakistan city - Feb 09, 2011
- Seven killed in Bihar bomb explosion (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Delhi court blast suspect arrested in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- 130 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 04, 2012
- Alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2012
- One hurt in low-intensity blasts in Pune (Third Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Crude bomb found inside Kingfisher flight - Mar 21, 2010
- Four injured in blast at Agra hospital near Taj Mahal - Sep 17, 2011
- Agra blast bomb unique in welding design: police - Sep 22, 2011
- One killed in Pakistan bomb blast - Feb 18, 2011
- Second bomb scare in Delhi in five days (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011