Two children killed in cooking stove explosion in DelhiApril 27th, 2009 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) Two children were killed while their mother and two siblings suffered severe burn injuries when a cooking stove burst in their home in Gandhi Nagar area here, police said Monday.
Radha, 6, and Sonu, 3, succumbed to their injuries during treatment at the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital late Sunday night.
Police said the accident took place around 10.30 p.m, when Kanti Devi was preparing food on the stove. Kanti’s other two children, who suffered burn injuries, were identified as Rinku, 14, and Ajay, 4.
Police said Kanti’s husband, Chand Ram, a rickshaw puller, was not at home at the time.
- Two children killed in wall collapse (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Toddler killed in north Delhi wall collapse - Jan 11, 2011
- Two killed in fire - Dec 31, 2011
- Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxi - Jun 07, 2012
- Road rage: Man burnt alive in Rajasthan - Jul 03, 2012
- Woman critical, kids safe after jumping on Metro track (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Delhi BJP worker killed, party councillor arrested (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Woman found killed in her Delhi house, husband suspect - Apr 28, 2012
- Census enumerators thrashed in Delhi - Feb 16, 2011
- Woman critical after jumping on Metro track, kids safe (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Son kills mother, parents stabbed in rage - Mar 13, 2011
- Couple killed in gas cylinder blast - Feb 16, 2011
- Man electrocuted in east Delhi - Mar 01, 2011
- 15 dead, 34 injured in Delhi fire - Nov 21, 2011