Two cars loaded with explosives found in Surat (Second Lead)July 27th, 2008 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Surat, July 27 (IANS) A day after serial blasts in Ahmedabad claimed at least 45 lives, two cars loaded with explosives were found in Surat city of Gujarat Sunday, the police said. A black Wagon-R car, parked on the roadside since Saturday night, filled with white powder, nuts and bolts and a battery was found in the afternoon in Puna area, according to police.
Surat Police Commissioner R.M.S. Brar said the white powder could be ammonium nitrate.
A bomb and 25 small packets containing the white powder weighing 25 kg were found from the black car. A detonator and two watches too were recovered. The bomb was soon defused.
In the evening, another car, a red Wagon-R, full of explosives was found at Varachha Road and four bombs were recovered from it. All four bombs were defused, the police said.
- Explosives laden cars traced to Mumbai - Jul 28, 2008
- Fertiliser bomb fears persist despite ammonium nitrate ban - Aug 09, 2011
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Colombian police seize seven tonnes explosives - Apr 07, 2011
- Bomb found near Surat hospital (Lead) - Jul 27, 2008
- 7 tonnes ammonium nitrate, detonators seized in Maharahstra - Dec 18, 2010
- Bomb blast averted in Karachi - Jul 20, 2012
- Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand - Feb 02, 2012
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011
- Ammonium nitrate possibly used in Delhi High Court blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Fertilizer bags seized from Chhattisgarh farmers - Oct 16, 2010
- Four explosives recovered, two held in Assam - Jan 25, 2012
- 23 bombs defused in Surat, India remains on edge (Intro Roundup) - Jul 29, 2008
- Blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- 'Terrorists may have used safe house near blast sites' - Jul 16, 2011