Two army officials killed in Bangladesh chopper crashMarch 9th, 2009 - 1:22 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, March 9 (IANS) General Officer Commanding of Jessore Cantonment Maj. Gen. Rafiqul Islam and pilot Lt. Col. Shahid were killed Monday when their helicopter crashed in Tangail area.
The two army officers died on the spot while Maj Saif, who was also travelling in the helicopter, was taken to the Tangail General Hospital in a critical condition, The Daily Star reported.
The chopper, which was going to Dhaka from the Jessore Cantonment, first hit an electric pole and then a banyan tree and finally plunged into a small pond at Rouha village in Kalihati upazila at about 8.30 a.m., the report quoted eyewitnesses as saying.
Tangail is over 100 km from here.
- Army ex-chief faces court, granted bail in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Defamation case: V.K. Singh, four officers get bail - Jul 20, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Suit against army chief shifted to another judge - May 07, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Funeral of 48 Bangladesh Army officers held - Mar 02, 2009
- Court dismisses former army chief's plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Court defers hearing against army chief - May 08, 2012
- Discovery to air Indian Army Women's Everest Expedition (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Discovery to cover Indian Army women's Everest bid - May 26, 2012
- Bangladesh border guards get a new chief - Apr 15, 2010
- Bangladesh war hero to be buried with military honors on Monday - Nov 21, 2010
- Court order May 18 on defamation case against army chief (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: army officers, army officials, bangladesh, banyan tree, cantonment, chopper, crash, critical condition, daily star, eyewitnesses, general hospital, helicopter, islam, pilot lt, saif, shahid, small pond