Twin blasts kill 12 in IraqSeptember 15th, 2008 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Sep 15 (Xinhua) At least 12 people were killed and 32 injured in two car bombings in the Iraqi capital Monday, an interior ministry source said.”The latest reports said that 12 civilians were killed and 32 others wounded by the two car bombings,” an interior ministry official said on condition of anonymity.
Earlier, the source put the toll at four killed and 15 wounded.
The official said two booby-trapped cars went off around midday in quick succession in different places in central Baghdad.
One of the car bombs went off near a courthouse and the other was close to the passport office in the neighbourhood, the source said.
The powerful blasts also set some 40 vehicles ablaze and caused damage to several nearby buildings and shops, the source said.
Sporadic attacks continue in Baghdad despite the US and Iraqi officials’ claim of a relative lull in violence during the past months.
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 35 killed in twin bomb blasts north of Baghdad - Jul 05, 2011
- 32 killed, 68 injured in Baghdad car bombings (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 20 pilgrims killed in Baghdad bombings - Jun 16, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- 10 killed, 70 injured in bomb attacks in Iraq - Jul 16, 2011
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 25 killed in twin car bomb blasts in Iraq - Jun 21, 2011
- 48 killed in Baghdad car bombing - Jan 28, 2011
- Four killed in twin car bomb blasts in Iraq - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: anonymity, car bombings, car bombs, central baghdad, civilians, different places, interior ministry, iraq baghdad, iraqi capital, iraqi officials, midday, ministry official, ministry source, nearby buildings, neighbourhood, passport office, relative lull, sporadic attacks, twin blasts, xinhua