Twin blasts in Moscow buildingMarch 12th, 2011 - 3:28 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Two bombs blasts took place near the entrance hall of a residential building for employees of Russia’s Federal Security Service in Moscow Friday evening, but no one was injured, police said.
The blasts occurred on Milashenkov Street close to the Timiryazevskaya metro station at around 4.30 p.m. Moscow Time (1330 GMT).
Each bomb was equivalent to 200 grams of TNT, a police official said.
On Wednesday, an explosion ripped through a bus stop outside a training school for the security service in southern Moscow, injuring no one.
A police official said one criminal group was probably responsible for both the two incidents.
Data gathered from probes into Wednesday’s explosion and Friday’s blasts suggest that the blasts were carried out by the same people, the official said.
Both explosions have been classified as hooliganism.
- Blast near Russia's security service academy - Mar 10, 2011
- Policeman killed in Chechnya car bombing - Sep 07, 2012
- Two terrorists involved in Moscow airport blast - Jan 25, 2011
- Terror attack foiled in Russia - Mar 14, 2012
- Russian jailed for 14 years for 2010 bombing - May 31, 2012
- Female terrorist opened bag triggering Moscow airport blast (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2011
- Three bombs defused in Russia's North Caucasus - May 23, 2011
- One-armed Russian bombmaker to face trial - Aug 29, 2012
- Blast rips through Nigerian church on Christmas - Dec 25, 2011
- Bomb scare at RIA Novosti office - Sep 15, 2011
- 29 hurt in four bombings in Ukraine (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Two car bombs defused in Russia - Sep 30, 2010
- Blast derails train in Russia's Dagestan - Apr 04, 2010
- Moscow metro bombings kill 35 (Third Lead) - Mar 29, 2010
- Car blast kills four in Russia - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: 1330 gmt, bomb, bombs, bus stop, criminal group, entrance hall, explosion ripped through, explosions, federal security service, friday evening, hooliganism, metro station, moscow time, police official, probes, residential building, ria novosti, russia, tnt, twin blasts