TV reporter who fell 25 floors diesFebruary 18th, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
Wenzhou (China), Feb 18 (Xinhua) A TV reporter, who fell from the roof of a 25-storeyed building Tuesday in China’s Zhejiang province, died Wednesday, an official said.
Bao Cunliang, 38, a Wenzhou TV Station reporter, died at 2.10 a.m. He fell off the station’s building Tuesday morning, said Dong Jinghai, news director of the TV station.
Bao was shooting streets in the rain by himself, but the view was obstructed by the wall surrounding the roof. Bao stood on the wall which was more than one metre high and only 20 cm wide, Dong said.
Dong said there was a strong wind at the time, but it was not clear whether the wind might have caused the reporter to fall.
Bao fell on the windshield of a car and was rushed to hospital. His camera was smashed and lay in debris around him. He suffered brain and chest injuries in addition to several fractures.
Bao was married and had a 10-year-old daughter.
- TV reporter in critical condition after falling 25 floors - Feb 17, 2009
- Rescue effort on at China high-speed train crash (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Two foreigners among 35 killed in China train crash (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- China train crash toll rises to 38 - Jul 25, 2011
- 10-year-old Chinese boy survives 20-storey plunge - Oct 26, 2010
- 32 dead in China train crash - Jul 24, 2011
- Chinese river turns white after chemical leak - Jul 11, 2012
- Man held for failing to repay loan to 1,000 lenders - Feb 06, 2012
- China to severely punish those responsible for train crash - Jul 28, 2011
- Nine killed in China fire - Dec 14, 2010
- Fatally hurt, but Chinese driver saves lives - Jun 04, 2012
- One killed as violent winds leave trail of destruction in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Faridabad site cordoned off, DGCA team inspecting crash - May 26, 2011
- Woman Survives Miraculously After Falling From 23rd Floor - Jan 25, 2011
- Chinese city to sell off 1,400 cars - Apr 14, 2012