TV reality show can promote Indian dances: Hema MaliniAugust 15th, 2008 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 14 (IANS) A television reality show can go a long way in promoting Indian classical dances, especially among the youth, says Bollywood actor and noted Bharat Natyam artiste Hema Malini. “A TV reality show based purely on Indian classical dances would, I believe, go a long way in promoting these dance forms,” Hema Malini said at a media interaction here.
The artiste is here with her daughters, Esha Deol and Ahana Deol, at the invitation of the Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC), Dubai, to present a classical dance recital to mark India’s 62nd Independence Day Friday.
According to her, aspiring dancers from various parts of India can take part in the TV reality show.
“You can have young dancers from (India’s) west, north, south, east competing in such a show. This will definitely go a long way in popularising Indian classical dances among the new generation,” she said.
“I have been talking to some TV channels about this. Let’s see what happens,” she added.
- I miss classical dance in today's films: Hema Malini (Interview) - Oct 21, 2011
- Salsa, Latino edging out Indian classical dances in Bollywood? - Jan 05, 2011
- I'll not quit dancing: Esha Deol - Aug 11, 2012
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
- Hema Malini, daughters to perform at Khajuraho festival - Jan 31, 2011
- Ahana is now open to acting: Hema Malini - Jun 23, 2011
- I had a superb time directing Dharamji: Hema Malini (Interview) - Dec 28, 2010
- Classical dance training helped me in Bollywood: Esha Deol - Aug 15, 2008
- I worked hard to maintain 'Dreamgirl' tag: Hema Malini - Nov 22, 2011
- Ahana Deol Is All Set To Flag Off Her Bollywood Journey - Jan 06, 2011
- Padma Bhushan great, but late for dad: Ahana Deol - Jan 25, 2012
- Esha Deol to get engaged to businessman beau - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Tell Me O Kkhuda' not a flop, says Hema - Nov 01, 2011
- Dharamji's honour was long due: Hema Malini - Jan 25, 2012
- Karishma will well reprise my 'Satte Pe Satta' role: Hema Malini - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: aspiring dancers, classical dance, dance forms, dance recital, dubai, esha deol, hema malini, independence day, India, indian business, indian classical dances, indian dances, invitation, media interaction, new generation, professional council, reality show, television reality, tv channels, tv reality