Trump’s desire to be President surprises many in USApril 9th, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 9 (ANI): American business tycoon Donald Trump has surprised many in his country by indicating that he might run for president in 2012.
“I never really considered very strongly running for the presidency. But the country has never been in trouble like it is now,” Fox News quoted Trump, as saying.
The business magnate said he would decide by June, and added that he would discuss details of the presidential season with GOP chairman Reince Priebus this week.
Donald has been doing quite well in opinion polls, tying with Mike Huckabee at 17 percent, just behind Mitt Romney at 21 percent, in a recent Wall Street Journal poll. He was placed fourth, behind Huckabee, Romney and Sarah Palin in a Fox News poll.
Former White House insider and Fox News contributor Karl Rove, however, thinks that his position is based on the fact that he is a well known celebrity and not because of his political credentials.
Rove also said that the candidates should make themselves available to voters in person to win their hearts as the campaign heats up. (ANI)
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Citizenship not the reason to get Obama out of White House: Romney - Apr 14, 2011
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Mitt Romney visits South Carolina - May 23, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Michele Bachmann to meet Donald Trump again - Nov 21, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- Most Iowa Republicans say Obama wasn't born in US: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Michele Bachmann's son turns down Playgirl offer - Apr 21, 2011
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: american business, business magnate, business tycoon, contributor, donald trump, fox news, gop, gop chairman, karl rove, mike huckabee, mitt romney, news poll, opinion polls, political credentials, presidency, reince priebus, sarah palin, street journal poll, wall street, wall street journal