Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: PollApril 17th, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 17 (ANI): American businessman Donald Trump has taken the lead against potential Republican competitors in a hypothetical primary race, according to a poll.
According to a Public Policy Polling survey, Trump has taken a nine-point lead in a national poll of the hypothetical Republican presidential field.
Trump leads with 26 percent votes, followed by former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee’s 17 percent, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s 15 percent and ex-Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich’s 11 percent votes.
Rounding out the bottom of the list were former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin with 8 percent, Texas Republican Ron Paul with 5 percent, Minnesota Republcan Michele Bachmann and former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty with 4 percent votes.
According to the New York Daily News, some believe that Trump fares so well simply because he enjoys much better name recognition than the other candidates.
Other critics speculate he is using his presidential bid for publicity, which he denies. (ANI)
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Tea Party supporters name Mitt Romney top choice for 2012 Presidential polls - Mar 27, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Romney, Santorum face showdown in Obama's home state - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, american businessman, arkansas governor mike huckabee, donald trump, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former minnesota governor, governor mike huckabee, governor sarah palin, governor tim pawlenty, massachusetts gov, michele bachmann, mike huckabee, minnesota governor tim pawlenty, mitt romney, national poll, new york daily news, newt gingrich, ron paul, sarah palin, tim pawlenty