Trucker held in Italy for ‘radioactive’ cargoOctober 7th, 2010 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Catanzaro (Italy), Oct 7 (IANS/AKI) A Romanian truck driver was arrested after police uncovered 3,000 kg of radioactive material hidden in his vehicle in southern Italy.
The 52-year-old man was transporting spare parts for aerials and mobile phones that tested highly radioactive, police said Wednesday.
He was arrested near the Lamezia Terme town in Italy’s southern Calabria region. He had no permit to transport the cargo.
- 630 kg cocaine seized in Italy - Jun 09, 2012
- Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port - Sep 08, 2012
- Three Moroccans arrested on terrorism charges in southern Italy - Feb 01, 2011
- Police move to crush mafia in Italy - Jul 13, 2010
- Italian politicians held for trading votes with mafia - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Dangerous' mobster held in Italy - Apr 24, 2012
- Dozens of mafia men held in pan-European drugs bust - Jun 04, 2012
- Boat with Egyptian migrants held in Italy - Jun 13, 2012
- Two held in Italy for forcing 10-year-old to marry - Jun 04, 2012
- Facebook blackmailers target 100 gay priests in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- Four held for killing man and his four sons - Dec 29, 2010
- Italy unearths 2,000-year-old temple of 'virgin' Roman goddess - Nov 17, 2010
- Italian magistrate arrested in mafia crackdown - Nov 30, 2011
- Fugitive Italian mafia leader arrested - May 04, 2012
- Troops to combat mafia in Italian city - Oct 07, 2010