Tropical Storm Eugene is far away from MexicoAugust 2nd, 2011 - 7:06 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Miami, Aug 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) US meteorological experts say Tropical Storm Eugene is still far from the coast of Mexico. The storm is one of the numerous named ones that have formed on the Pacific in recent days. Most of the storms failed to make it to land or were weakened when they reached the coast.
The National Hurricane Center in Miami announced on Sunday that the storm was moving at 64 kph and it was approximately 660 kilometers from the Mexican coast of Acapulco. The hurricane center said the storm was heading away from the coast and it was not likely to hit the coast based on its direction on Sunday.
The hurricane center has not issued a warning for the current swirl. The center issued a statement on Sunday that said that, “Environmental conditions remain conducive for a tropical depression or a tropical storm to form later today. If the system becomes a tropical cyclone tonight or tomorrow tropical storm warnings would be issued for the northern Windward Islands and the Leeward Islands on very short notice.”
The storm developed into a category 1 hurricane later on Sunday and it is expected to weaken to a tropical cyclone in the next couple of days.
- Tropical Storm Eugene forms in the Pacific, no threat to land - Jul 31, 2011
- Tropical Storm Aletta forms far off Mexico's Pacific coast, no threat - May 15, 2012
- Tropical Storm Tomas Likely To Turn Into A Hurricane - Oct 30, 2010
- New depression prompts tropical storm warnings in the Caribbean - Aug 21, 2012
- Tropical Storm Emily forms in the Caribbean, heads for the Dominican Republic - Aug 02, 2011
- Bermuda cancels tropical storm warning as Gert turns to the northeast - Aug 16, 2011
- Tropical depression forms in the far eastern Atlantic, may threaten the Caribbean - Aug 29, 2011
- Tropical storm Beatriz forms off the Pacific coast of Mexico; hurricane watch issued - Jun 20, 2011
- Earl becomes a category four hurricane; Fiona forms in Atlantic - Aug 31, 2010
- Hurricane Irene weakens slightly as it marches toward North Carolina - Aug 26, 2011
- Hurricane Earl moving across the northern Leeward Islands - Aug 30, 2010
- Tropical depression forms in the western Caribbean Sea, heads for Honduras - Aug 19, 2011
- Tropical Storm Jose passes west of Bermuda - Aug 29, 2011
- Tropical Storm Georgette forms off the coast of Baja California - Sep 21, 2010
- Hurricane Darby becomes category three storm off Mexico's southern coast - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: acapulco, aug 2, category 1 hurricane, couple of days, environmental conditions, kilometers, kph, leeward islands, meteorological experts, mexico, national hurricane center, storms, swirl, tropical cyclone, tropical depression, tropical storm eugene, tropical storm warnings, windward islands