Troika dialogue in Harbin a mix tarka of serious talks, sumptuous Chinese delicacies and musicNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:45 am ICT by admin
As leaders and officials raised a toast to each other in the huge ballroom of the plush Shangrilla Hotel, the mesmerizing sound of Chinese music, performed by a live orchestra, created an atmosphere of warmth and humility.
Chinese musicians were specially flown in from Beijing to perform at the event, which was complemented with sizzling and traditional Chinese delicacies, delighting the taste buds of participants.
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi, who hosted the luncheon, said ” You all should enjoy the work and beauty of the dynamic city of Harbin. Hailing the troika initiative, Jiechi further said: “Our joint efforts and meetings will be crowned with success”.
Although the troika dialogue is not hogging Chinese newspaper headlines, at least 80 mediapersons from different organizations have converged from all over the globe to cover the event.
Speaking to ANI , Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Jiang Hu said that China attaches great importance to its relations with India, as both countries are similar in many ways. She said the troika talks need to become a fixed mechanism to promote coordination and cooperation.
The venue of the troika talks might be bustling and brimming with activity, but the common man in Harbin seems unaware of its import.
Harbin, the capital of China’s north east Heilongjiang Province, is historically and geographically very close to Russia.
In fact, the city has traces of Russian culture and tradition in its art and architecture. However, a large majority of people living in the province have very little or no idea about India. This is being cited by the Chinese foreign ministry as the main reason for choosing this venue for the talks. The Chinese are keen to provide a bird’s eye view of India to the locals. (ANI)
- For dogs in Chinese city, size matters - Apr 19, 2012
- Krishna goes to China for SCO summit - Jun 04, 2012
- 24 injured in China train accident - Aug 24, 2012
- India, China to resume dialogue on non-proliferation - Apr 13, 2012
- Four killed in China stabbing, arson attack - Aug 04, 2012
- Ahead of Hu's visit, India, China hold talks (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Tibetans protest as India, China hold talks - Mar 01, 2012
- India, China to discuss Hu's visit Thursday - Feb 29, 2012
- Bangalore hosting major international meeting after 23 years - Oct 27, 2009
- One killed, 30 injured in China gas leak - Jan 17, 2012
- (HOLD) Krishna leaves for SCO summit in China - Jun 05, 2012
- 14 Tibetans detained for protesting against India-China talks - Mar 01, 2012
- India reassures China over Tibet, calls for stronger ties (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Hu in India Wednesday: trade imbalance, cultural ties on agenda - Mar 27, 2012
- Amid Arunachal row, Chinese foreign minister heading to India - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: capital of china, chinese delicacies, chinese foreign minister, chinese music, chinese musicians, dialogue, foreign ministry spokesman, grandiose, harbin china, heilongjiang province, India, jiang hu, mesmerizing, russia, shangrilla hotel, sumptuous, tarka, troika, venue