Tribal leader killed, 12 militants surrender in TripuraMarch 31st, 2008 - 3:02 pm ICT by admin
Agartala, March 31 (IANS) Separatist tribal guerrillas gunned down a tribal leader even as 12 militants surrendered to security forces in Tripura, officials said here Monday. A police spokesman said heavily armed militants of the outlawed All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) shot dead Sunil Debbarma, 30, at Sidhai in west Tripura late Sunday.
Debbarma, a tribal leader, was vocal against the tribal militancy.
Meanwhile, 12 National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) militants led by their self-styled area commander Narahari Jamatia surrendered before authorities of the Assam Rifles Sunday at Kanchanpur, 145 km north of here.
“The ultras could not deposit any arms as they fled from their Bangladeshi hideouts few days back without any arms,” said Bikramjit, an Assam Rifles commander.
The rebels were aged between 22 to 35 years and took arms training in their hideouts at the Chittagong Hill Tracts in southeast Bangladesh.
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Seven more Tripura tribal separatists surrender - Dec 17, 2009
- Eight tribal separatists arrested in Tripura - Dec 26, 2009
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Six tribal separatists surrender in Tripura - Nov 09, 2009
- 13 Bangladesh-trained rebels surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Ten more Bangladesh-trained terrorists surrender - Jan 09, 2010
- Militants kidnap four workers in Tripura - Nov 27, 2010
- Nine more rebels surrender in Tripura after fleeing Bangladeshi camps - Aug 10, 2009
- Abducted Tripura tribals taken to Bangladesh - Dec 10, 2010
- Ten Bangladeshi-trained militants surrender in Tripura - Jun 24, 2010
- Former rebel held for misappropriating Tripura funds (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: 35 years, agartala, assam rifles, attf, authorities, bangladesh, chittagong hill tracts, few days, guerrillas, hideouts, militancy, national liberation front, nlft, police spokesman, rebels, security forces, tiger force, tribal leader, ultras, west tripura