Tremor in Pakistani capitalFebruary 20th, 2009 - 11:47 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 20 (Xinhua) A tremor was felt in Pakistani capital Friday.
The high-intensity tremor was also felt in the garrison city of Rawalpindi, Pakistan-controlled Kashmir, capital city of North West Frontier Province Peshawar, and other parts of the country, private TV channel DAWN NEWS reported.
A 5.7-magnitude quake jolted Pakistan at 8.48 a.m. local time Friday, the US Geological Survey said in its website.
The epicentre of the quake was 92 km northeast of Islamabad, it said.
- Pakistan feels tremors as quake hits Tajikistan (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Earthquake hits Kashmir, northern Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 20, 2009
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits Pakistan - Jan 24, 2011
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Low intensity quake shakes Kashmir - May 10, 2012
- Houses collapse in Pakistan quake (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- 5.7 magnitude earthquake in Kashmir - Mar 21, 2011
- 5.6-magniude quake jolts Pakistan - Mar 21, 2011
- Strong quake jolts Mexico - Mar 21, 2012
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Moderate quake jolts Pakistan - Oct 11, 2010
- Quake hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Quake hits India's northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 01, 2012
- 5.6 magnitude quake felt in Kashmir Valley - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: capital islamabad, dawn news, epicentre, frontier province, garrison city, high intensity, kashmir, local time, magnitude quake, north west frontier, peshawar, private tv channel, rawalpindi pakistan, tremor, us geological survey, xinhua