Travolta cancels appearance at Golden Globes after son’s deathJanuary 11th, 2009 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Jan 11 (DPA) Following the tragic death of his 16-year-old son last week, actor John Travolta has cancelled his planned appearance at the Golden Globes.The actor’s spokesman told Us Magazine that Travolta will not appear at the awards programme in Beverly Hills Sunday.
Travolta has been nominated for the song “I Thought I Lost You” from the Disney movie “Bolt”. He sings the song as a duet with co-star Miley Cyrus. The film, in which he lends his voice to the animated dog Bolt, is also nominated for best animated feature.
The star was also tapped to serve as an award announcer.
Travolta, his wife Kelly Preston and their family held a private funeral service Thursday for his 16-year-old son, Jett, who died last week after suffering a seizure while on holiday in the Bahamas.
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- Travolta's wife expecting a son - Aug 26, 2010
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta Expecting Twins? - May 27, 2010
- John Travolta, wife Kelly Preston expecting new baby - May 19, 2010
- Wife's pregnancy a miracle, says Travolta - Jun 04, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome The Newest Member In Their Family - Nov 24, 2010
- John Travolta's Wife Not Expecting Twins - May 27, 2010
- Scientology helped me deal with son's death: John Travolta - Jan 29, 2010
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- Scientology helped overcome son's death: Preston - Aug 18, 2011
- John Travolta and Kelly Preston's family growing - May 19, 2010
- John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston are expecting a baby - May 20, 2010
- John Travolta welcomes third child - Nov 24, 2010