Traveller claims she was sexually assaulted during US airport pat downNovember 17th, 2010 - 3:09 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 17 (ANI): A traveller in the US has revealed how she was left shocked and humiliated by airport officials, who patted her down in a way that made her feel sexually assaulted.
US blogger Erin Chase, author of the ‘5 dollar Dinner Mum’, gave a very detailed description of how she was touched on the genitals without warning during the new “enhanced pat-down” procedure.
Chase says she was “assaulted” during the search, which involves the sliding of the hand over the genitals, at Dayton International Airport, US.
“I stood there, an American citizen, a mother travelling with a baby with special needs formula, sexually assaulted by a government official,” the Courier Mail quoted her as saying.
“I began shaking and felt completely violated, abused and assaulted by the TSA agent. I shook for several hours, and woke up the next day shaking.
“She felt along my waistline, moved behind me, then proceeded to feel both of my buttocks. She reached from behind in the middle of my buttocks towards my vagina area.
“She did not tell me that she was going to touch my buttocks, or reach forward to my vagina area. She then moved in front of me and touched the top and underneath portions of both of my breasts…
“She then felt my inner thighs and my vagina area, touching both of my labia. She did not tell me that she was going to touch my vagina area or my labia,” she added.
Her story comes after John Tyner, a US software engineer, became an Internet sensation after posting footage of his refusal to undergo a full-body scan or “enhanced search”. (ANI)
- Video of US man refusing full-body scan at airport goes viral - Nov 16, 2010
- Full-body scanner row: US denies checking all travellers - Nov 23, 2010
- Miss USA speaks about her ordeal at the hands of a TSA agent - Apr 28, 2011
- New security checks at US airports like 'foreplay' - Oct 30, 2010
- US woman claims airport pat down was more 'fondling' than 'frisking' - Mar 28, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian slammed for comparing TSA searches to rape in public - Dec 08, 2010
- US officials face flak over new invasive airport searches - Aug 31, 2010
- California man thrown out of San Diego airport for refusing full-body scan, pat down - Nov 16, 2010
- Security checks at US airports to get more 'touchy' - Oct 29, 2010
- California district attorney warns against inappropriate pat-downs - Nov 18, 2010
- Ex-Miss USA tears up describing how TSA agent sexually assaulted her - Apr 28, 2011
- Oz women with 'designer vaginas' getting psychiatric help - Nov 14, 2010
- Passenger strips to avoid 'naked scanner' - Nov 22, 2010
- Another pat down of diplomat in US, India takes up issue (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Now 'body scanners' could be deployed at US train stations, subways, other mass transits' - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: airport officials, american citizen, buttocks, chase, courier mail, dayton international airport, detailed description, full body scan, genitals, government official, inner thighs, internet sensation, john tyner, labia, software engineer, special needs, travelling with a baby, tsa agent, vagina area, waistline