Train stopped to ’save’ kid’s toyJune 11th, 2012 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
London, June 10 (IANS) Railway workers in the US stopped a train to save a three-year-old girl’s beloved bunny, it was reported here.
A tantrum-inducing disaster was avoided thanks to kind-hearted transit workers who halted an oncoming train about to run over the girl’s beloved bunny.
On Wednesday, Casey Carey Brown and her daughter, Riley, were getting off a train at the Green Street stop in Boston’s Jamaica Plain district when the stuffed animal, named Nummy, fell out the stroller and onto the tracks, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
The packed train saw the seriousness of the situation straight away, Carey Brown wrote on her blog, Life with Roozle. Indeed angelic-looking Riley immediately broke down, according to the blog post.
Unable to calm her daughter down with promises of a new bunny Carey Brown ran to find help. Luckily, workers for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority sympathised with the pair’s plight.
One worker quickly called the station dispatcher alerting him of the situation, then the operator of the oncoming train was called. Despite it being rush hour the train ground to a halt as it entered the station allowing the platform conductor to rescue the stuffed toy.
- Boston transit workers save bunny toy on tracks - Jun 08, 2012
- Man commits suicide by jumping before Metro train - Mar 03, 2012
- Man dies after eating heroin-filled cigarettes - May 15, 2012
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- When Big B used to be a gate crasher - Feb 21, 2011
- Maoists hoist black flags in Bihar - Aug 15, 2012
- Jalandhar girl's suicide: Woman police officer suspended - Aug 31, 2012
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Woman critical, kids safe after jumping on Metro track (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- Baby gear maker Graco issues recall con 2 million strollers - Oct 20, 2010
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Six-month-old girl abandoned in train - Feb 02, 2012
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Graco Children's Products Inc. recalls 2 million strollers - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: boston, casey, conductor, daily mail, disaster, jamaica, massachusetts bay transportation, massachusetts bay transportation authority, old girl, oncoming train, plight, promises, railway workers, rush hour, seriousness, stroller, stuffed animal, stuffed toy, tantrum, transit workers