Train crashes into platform in New JerseyMay 9th, 2011 - 6:30 am ICT by IANS
New York, May 9 (IANS) A passenger train crashed into a platform in New Jersey Sunday, injuring 45 people, CBS reported.
The accident took place at the Eerie Lackawanna terminal in Hoboken. The injured, who were rushed to hospital, had non-life-threatening neck and back injuries.
A male passenger told Xinhua that he was fine, but felt dizzy after the incident. He was sent to a hospital.
Train service into and out of Hoboken was suspended and buses were provided to make up for the service.
John Kelly, spokesman with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, said the cause of the crash was under investigation.
Police said it appeared to be a mechanical failure.
- At least 50 injured after train crashes into New Jersey platform - May 08, 2011
- 14 die in New York tour bus accident - Mar 13, 2011
- Six injured in Mumbai train collision (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Deaths feared in midair crash near New York - Aug 09, 2009
- Nearly two dozen seriously injured in Staten Island, NY ferry crash - May 08, 2010
- Gulf Air passenger plane skids off runway in southwest India - Aug 29, 2011
- Pilot dies in Czech plane crash - Jun 11, 2012
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- Powerless again, Northern and Eastern Grid break down (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Path Train between New Jersey and New York currently suspended - Jun 06, 2009
- Efforts on to start Metro's Airport Express Line before Games - Sep 28, 2010
- More than 30 injured in Staten Island, NY ferry crash - May 09, 2010
- 48 killed, hundreds injured in Argentinian train crash (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Three killed after falling from overcrowded Mumbai train (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Grid failure brings Delhi Metro services to a halt - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: buses, cbs, crash, hoboken, hospital train, john kelly, lackawanna terminal, mechanical failure, neck and back injuries, passenger train, port authority of new york and new jersey, spokesman, train crashes, train service, xinhua