Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South AfricaApril 4th, 2012 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 4 (IANS) Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) entered the overseas market Wednesday, shipping out cars to South Africa. The company said it would export nearly 20,000 cars every year.
“The start of the export operations at TKM denotes the growing role of TKM in Toyota’s global operations,” Vicente Socco, executive vice president (Asia Pacific), Toyota Motor, said as the first consignment of 247 units of the Etios series had left Ennore port.
The Etios series of cars are currently manufactured in TKM’s second plant located in Bidadi industrial area near Bangalore.
According to the company, only petrol variants of the entry level sedan Etios and and hatchback Etios Liva will be customised to suit the local requirements.
“TKM’s foray into the export market promises a lot of growth for the company,” Socco added.
Toyota said it wanted the Indian subsidiary to develop into a strategic production hub.
“With the advent of the export of the Etios, we have been successful in completing our vision of making Toyota India operations a strategic hub for both the domestic and global markets,” said Hiroshi Nakagawa, managing director, TKM.
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Toyota launches made for India sedan Etios - Dec 01, 2010
- Toyota to reduce production in India - Apr 22, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar defers Liva launch - Mar 04, 2011
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's 2010 sales up 38 percent - Jan 01, 2011
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota's December sales up 151 percent - Jan 01, 2012
- Toyota to roll out compact car Etios early 2011 - Jun 04, 2010
- Toyota to expand capacity of plant - Jul 06, 2011
- Toyota to resume full-scale production by May 20 - May 16, 2011
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Toyota signs up AR Rahman as brand ambassador for Etios - Oct 15, 2010
- Toyota launches Etios sedan in India, hatchback to follow in April 2011 - Dec 01, 2010
- Toyota investing Rs.500 cr for engine plant in India - Jul 06, 2010
Tags: asia pacific, bangalore, chennai, consignment, executive vice, export market, export operations, foray, global markets, global operations, hiroshi nakagawa, india operations, indian subsidiary, liva, managing director, motor ships, tkm, toyota kirloskar motor, toyota motor, variants