Toxic gas leakage kills two in ChinaApril 19th, 2012 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 19 (IANS) At least two people died and 10 others were hospitalised following a toxic gas leakage at a pharmaceutical plant in China’s Anhui province Wednesday night, Xinhua reported.
The accident happened at 7.40 p.m. at Zhongsheng Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. in Dongzhi county, said authorities Thursday.
The county police, environmental protection agency and work safety authority have launched a joint investigation.
- Four die from cyanide poisoning in China - Jun 10, 2012
- 27 kids fall ill after chlorine gas leaks in China - Jun 19, 2011
- 30 fall ill due to China gas leak - Nov 23, 2010
- Six dead in central China coal mine gas leak - Nov 16, 2011
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- One killed, 30 injured in China gas leak - Jan 17, 2012
- Gas leakage kills two in Ukraine - Aug 18, 2012
- Gas leak in China kills seven - Aug 19, 2011
- Four killed in gas leak near Mumbai - Sep 21, 2011
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- Tibetan monk immolates self in China - Aug 15, 2011
- Cholera outbreak in China - Aug 29, 2010
- Crackdown on illegal mining in China - Jul 03, 2011
- 12 feared dead after ferry sinks in eastern China - Aug 17, 2012
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
Tags: anhui province, authorities, china beijing, county police, dongzhi, environmental protection agency, gas leakage, pharmaceutical co, pharmaceutical plant, safety authority, toxic gas, wednesday night, work safety, xinhua