Tourist mauled to death by dogs in MalaysiaJanuary 9th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kula Lumpur, Jan 9 (IANS) An Irish tourist was mauled to death by two dogs at a farm in Malaysia’s Penang state Sunday, a media report said.The incident took place in Balik Pulau, 25 km from Penang state capital George Town, Xinhua reported.
The 51-year-old Irish backpacker died on the spot after his neck artery was bitten by the dogs. His face was also disfigured and his ears were severed by the canines.
The tourist and his girlfriend had arrived in Penang about six months ago. Attracted by the lifestyle in the state, the duo decided to stay for a while.
They also got employment at a durian tree plantation, where the incident took place.
- Two Myanmarese killed in Malaysia bus accident - May 26, 2012
- Hundred dog bites a day and counting in Srinagar - Apr 11, 2012
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- US Airways flight forced to land after dog gets loose and bites two - Dec 08, 2010
- Leopard strays into heart of Guwahati, mauls three people - Jan 07, 2012
- Anger, concern after dog bites at Fatehpuri Sikri (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- National Dog Show Winner Clooney Surprises His Handler - Nov 26, 2010
- One of two students struck by same bullet in LA school in critical state - Jan 19, 2011
- New Hindu crematorium proposed in Malaysia's Penang state - Oct 06, 2009
- Chinese teen jailed for setting girl ablaze - May 10, 2012
- Dog bite kills two in Andhra Pradesh - May 26, 2011
- Srinagar's 'dogged' problem giving nightmares - Feb 13, 2011
- Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for life - May 21, 2012
- Over 2,800 mailmen bitten by dogs in US - Jun 18, 2010
- Second case of rats mutilation in Rajasthan - Jan 14, 2012