Tottenham could sell Gareth BaleApril 10th, 2011 - 3:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.10 (ANI): Tottenham Hotspur could sell Gareth Bale this summer as the financial implications of failing to qualify for next season’s Champions League could be huge for the club if they fail to win the Premier League.
Board Members of the club have insisted that they will not be selling the club, but have a realised that any bid in excess of 30million pounds would have to be considered.
The Spurs’ stadium White Hart Lane has failed to attract crowds and generate match-day cash, leaving Tottenham in a financial crunch and making it difficult fo the club to hold on to their best players.
Although Bale (21) recently signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract, the Spurs will still be tempted to sell him when lucrative offers are made, Express.co.uk reports.
Tottenham has alerted big clubs like Inter Milan and Real Madrid along with Manchester United and Liverpool of its plans.
Manchester United Manager Sir Alex Ferguson is planning a big summer spending spree to buy ace players for his team and Bale fits in the criteria.
Bale is also on Liverpool’s wish list. Manager Kenny Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli have been trying to introduce more width to the side and owners John W Henry and Tom Werner are prepared to spend.
They are already negotiating a 10 million pound deal with Newcastle United footballer Jose Enrique and are eager to add Bale to their squad. (ANI)
- Dalglish to go head-to-head with Ferguson to bag Jones - Apr 27, 2011
- Chelsea ready to bid 40 m pound for Tottenham's Bale - Apr 26, 2011
- Dalglish wants final say on all Liverpool transfer deals - May 04, 2011
- Dalglish wants summer spending at Liverpool to mount genuine title chase - Apr 22, 2011
- Redknapp puts 80 million pound price-tag on Tottenham star Bale - Apr 05, 2011
- Liverpool close to inking 18 m pound deal with Suarez - Jan 20, 2011
- Spurs' Bale likely to be out for three weeks - Mar 02, 2012
- Liverpool targets three French players to revive their fortunes - Apr 19, 2011
- Liverpool boss Hodgson delivers farewell speech - Jan 07, 2011
- Liverpool planning radical overhaul of squad - Apr 24, 2011
- Modric is Man U's prime summer target - Jan 22, 2012
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- Dark cloud over Liverpool lifted with departure of Torres - Mar 24, 2011
- Dutch star Van Der Vaart wants to stay at Spurs forever - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, damien comolli, director of football, express co, financial crunch, financial implications, footballer, half year, inter milan, jose enrique, kenny dalglish, manchester united, newcastle united, real madrid, sir alex ferguson, spending spree, spurs, tom werner, tottenham hotspur, white hart lane