Toshiba logs first operating loss in 7 yearsJanuary 29th, 2009 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, Jan 29 (Xinhua) Toshiba Corp Thursday projected that the company will record a 280 billion yen ($3.11 billion) in net and operating loss in fiscal 2008 as flash memory prices were slumping and global economic situation worsening. If that proves to be the case, the predicted loss will be the first since fiscal 2001.
In fiscal 2007, Toshiba logged a net profit of 127.41 billion yen and an operating profit of 238.10 billion yen ($2.64 billion).
Meanwhile, the company also lowered its sales outlook for fiscal 2008 to 6.7 trillion yen ($74.44 billion), down from the previously estimated 7.7 trillion yen ($85.56 billion).
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Toshiba deep in red Q3, tumble throughout this year - Jan 29, 2009
- Japan's Panasonic projects wider loss for current fiscal - Feb 03, 2012
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Sony forecasts wider loss for fiscal 2011 - Feb 02, 2012
- Honda Japan's nine-month net profit plummets 71 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Sony incurs first net loss in 14 years - May 14, 2009
- Toyota predicts return to black this year despite recalls - Feb 04, 2010
- Founding family member takes over Toyota to revive business - Jun 23, 2009
- Panasonic returns to profit in first quarter - Jul 29, 2010
- Toshiba Corp to cut 4,500 jobs - Jan 29, 2009
- Suzuki profits up for full year - May 10, 2010
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- Mazda plans $1.25 bn capital increase - Feb 21, 2012