Top LeT commander killed in Jammu and KashmirDecember 18th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Dec 18 (IANS) A day after assembly polls were held in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, security personnel Thursday killed a top commander of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist group in the region. “Saifullah, a top LeT commander, was killed in Thathri area Thursday morning,” Prabhat Singh, senior superintendent of police (Doda), told IANS on phone.
Following specific intelligence input, soldiers of the 4 Rashtriya Rifles and state police personnel raided Saifullah’s hideout. The militant commander opened fire, leading to an hour-long gunbattle in which he was killed.
Saifullah was responsible for several killings in Doda district since 2005, Singh said.
An AK-47 rifle, several AK magazines and explosives were recovered from the site of the gunbattle.
“We had been looking for him for quite a long time. Today we achieved success in tracing and killing him,” Singh added.
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- Two most wanted LeT commanders killed (Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Two LeT militants surrender in Kashmir - Aug 22, 2010
- Top Lashkar commander killed in Kashmir - Aug 03, 2012
- Two LeT militants killed in J-K encounter - Apr 24, 2011
- Pakistani LeT terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Jun 01, 2010
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir gunbattle (Lead changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2011
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Antony seeks report on Kashmir fake shootout killing - Aug 09, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- Two top militants killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir - Apr 24, 2011
- LeT militant killed in Jammu and Kashmir - May 24, 2011