‘Too perfect’ Kate Middleton was ‘badly bullied’ in her boarding schoolApril 4th, 2011 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 04 (ANI): It has emerged that Kate Middleton was ‘very badly bullied’ in her school days.
Prince Williams bride-to-be was reduced to an “emotional wreck” by school bullies who picked on her for being too “perfect”.
Only now have the full details come to light of the torment the future Queen suffered as a 13-year-old pupil at 28,875 pounds-a-year Downe House girls’ boarding school.
Middleton quit after just two terms in spring 1996, shortly after her 14th birthday, and moved to Marlborough College in Wiltshire.
The nightmare she suffered at the hands of a gang of teenage girls at Downe House school in Cold Ash, near Thatcham, Berkshire, has been chronicled in a new biography of Middleton.
Author Sean Smith has used testimony from contemporaries from her school days.
“She hated it, absolutely hated it,” the Daily Express quoted her friend Jessica Hay as saying.
“The girls there were horrible. They used to put faeces in her bed and she was very, very badly bullied.
“She was picked on because she was perfect, well turned out and a lovely person. She was not the type of person to stick up for herself. They saw something that they could pick on - and gangs of girls can be very nasty,” Hay added.
“She had run into a pack of bullies who reduced her to an emotional wreck,” said Smith.
“Until then, she had been at mixed schools and had no experience of how bitchy girls could be,” he added.
Middleton’s childhood misery emerged after she nominated the charity Beatbullying as one of 26 organisations for wedding guests to donate to rather than give her and fiance William wedding presents. (ANI)
- Kate Middleton 'quit her first public school because she was bullied' - Apr 03, 2011
- Kate's school occupied by squatters (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Kate's village Bucklebury celebrates wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- 'Miss Congeniality' Kate 'wanted to save herself for someone special' - Nov 20, 2010
- Like Prince William, Kate Middleton too opts for low-key hen night - Mar 29, 2011
- Duchess Kate's school occupied by squatters - Aug 18, 2012
- Kate Middleton 'first saw Prince William as a 10-year-old schoolgirl' - Nov 27, 2010
- Kate Middleton getting super-svelte for wedding - Apr 12, 2011
- Royal family lucky to have Kate as daughter-in-law, says Prince Charles - Apr 30, 2011
- Now, a comic book on royal wedding - Apr 06, 2011
- Middleton wants Victoria Beckham's dresses for honeymoon - Mar 23, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents do their bit for the royal wedding - Mar 15, 2011
- Wills-Kat pays emotional visit to late Diana's grave - Apr 22, 2011
- Kate Middleton shops for panties at discounted price - Apr 21, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: 14th birthday, bitchy girls, cold ash, contemporaries, daily express, emotional wreck, faeces, fiance, friend jessica, gangs, girls boarding school, kate middleton, marlborough college, new biography, prince williams, school bullies, teenage girls, thatcham berkshire, wedding guests, wiltshire