Tony Blair, Kate Winslet contribute to butterfly book for cancer charityApril 30th, 2009 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 30 (ANI): Former British PM Tony Blair and actress Kate Winslet have contributed to a book of butterfly pictures compiled in memory of a young woman who died from leukaemia.
The Butterfly Book has been created by art lecturer and journalist Laura-Jane Foley in the memory of her friend Claire Wadley, 25, who died in 2006 after a seven-year battle with the disease.
Celebrities like Stephen Fry, Jeffrey Archer, Manolo Blahnik, Ricky Gervais, Sophie Dahl and Matthew Williamson have also contributed some of their sketches, paintings and poems for the book.
“Claire was a wonderful person and I wanted to celebrate her life and continue her fine work raising money for Leukaemia Research,” the Telegraph quoted Foley as saying.
“I decided to write to well-known public figures and invite them to draw, sketch or doodle a picture of a butterfly, enclosing a piece of card with each letter.
“Claire’s story touched so many people and I was overwhelmed by the response. It has been so touching that so many people have found the time to contribute to this project.
“Even Tony Blair in his last weeks of office contributed something,” she added.
Though Blair couldn’t draw a butterfly, he contributed a silk butterfly, which he took from a display at a dinner function.
Foley came up with the idea of the book after she saw butterflies flying in church during Wadley’s funeral.
The Butterfly Book is available for 25 pounds, with all proceeds going to the Claire Elizabeth Wadley Forget Me Not Fund for Leukaemia Research. (ANI)
- Aniston gets Decade of Hotness award - Jun 06, 2011
- Tony Blair releases Chinese edition of his memoirs - Aug 30, 2011
- Google's special Children's Day doodle - Nov 14, 2010
- When Gaga posed nude for Tony Bennett - Nov 27, 2011
- John's Artistic Talent Disclosed On Jhoota Hi Sahi Sets! - Sep 04, 2010
- Music producer slain in in Puerto Rico - May 24, 2011
- Cabbie gets Hirst doodle as tip, now worth 5,000 pounds - Apr 12, 2010
- Robert Louis Stevenson Remembered By Google Doodle - Nov 13, 2010
- Cherie Sells Tony Blair Signature for 10 Pounds on Ebay - Oct 28, 2010
- Tony Blair branded 'tiger' over sex revelations - Sep 09, 2010
- Olympics: Phelps misses out on gold, but claims record - Aug 01, 2012
- Roald Dahl is still children's favourite - Mar 19, 2011
- Rupert Grint wanted to be an artist - Nov 23, 2010
- Peter Morgan Alleges Tony Blair Of Lifting His Own Lines - Sep 10, 2010
- Google's New Doodle Consists Of 17 Images - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: art lecturer, butterflies, butterfly book, cancer charity, dinner function, foley, former british pm, friend claire, jeffrey archer, kate winslet, laura jane, manolo blahnik, matthew williamson, raising money, ricky gervais, sophie dahl, stephen fry, tony blair, wadley, wonderful person