Tom Cruise threatens to sue clothing firmMarch 3rd, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 3 (IANS) Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise has threatened to file a lawsuit against the owners of a T-shirt company that allegedly planned to use his image for promoting their garments.
The “Top Gun” actor’s lawyer Aaron Moss has issued a stern warning to the people behind Addictiontee.com, citing false advertising and consumer fraud in a bid to thwart their design plans, reports contactmusic.com.
It is thought the threatened legal action centres on the company’s plans to use a picture of Cruise apparently wearing one of the controversial T-shirts.
“…we believe that such photograph is a fake that has been ‘photoshopped’ or otherwise manipulated to make it look like he’s (Cruise) wearing your t-shirt,” Moss wrote in the official warning letter.
The clothing firm’s bosses, however, are undeterred and are even considering taking inspiration from the legal threat for a new T-shirt design.
A spokesman for Addictiontee.com said: “We’re going into production of a T-shirt inspired by Cruise’s attorney with the words ‘legal addict’ on the front and ‘I sue everybody’ on the back.”
- Tom Cruise threatens to sue clothing company for using his image - Mar 03, 2009
- Kylie Minogue launches design contest - May 31, 2011
- Beyonce designs shirt for Obama's campaign - Jan 14, 2012
- Pete Doherty to launch fashion line - May 10, 2011
- Russell Brand wears wife Katy's clothes - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Sheila Ki Jawani' finds its way to the ramp - Apr 09, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- David Arquette creates limited edition t-shirt - May 19, 2011
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Stewart loves casual dressing - Nov 08, 2011
- 'Desi Boyz' go from chic to distressed look - Nov 20, 2011
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Stefani donates $1 mn to Japan relief - Mar 24, 2011
- Topshop mocked for misspelling Shakespeare - Mar 07, 2012
- Iron Maiden selling t-shirts to help Japan - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: addict, clothing firm, consumer fraud, false advertising, garments, hollywood, hollywood superstar, inspiration, lawyer, legal threat, london march, moss, photograph, spokesman, t shirt company, t shirt design, tom cruise, top gun, warning letter