Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes receive death threatsDecember 28th, 2008 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 28 (IANS) Hollywood actor Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes are living in fear after receiving death threats from anti-Scientology groups.Security has been beefed up around Cruise, 46, Holmes, 30, and their two-year-old daughter Suri after the threats from groups opposed to the cult, reports dailymail.co.uk.
The couple now lives at separate locations and move around in bomb-proof vehicles as a precautionary measure.
“Tom is terrified. He doesn’t feel safe anywhere. The threats are perceived to be so great that the FBI has been alerted,” said a source close the actor.
Cruise has also spent 5 million pounds on an underground bunker in the grounds of his estate in Colorado to take shelter in case his family is attacked.
Apart from disrupting his and Holmes’ movie and Broadway events at regular intervals, in August this year the anti-Scientology groups had threatened to place anthrax in Cruise’ Los Angeles office.
- Is Katie Holmes dating Jeremy Strong? - Sep 05, 2012
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes receive death threats from anti-scientology groups - Dec 29, 2008
- Katie Holmes snapped ''pale and gaunt'' following death threats to family - Jan 01, 2009
- Suri in tears after mom refuses to buy her puppy - Jul 17, 2012
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Cruise's movie premiere sees anti-Scientology protests - Dec 16, 2008
- Cruise takes helicopter ride with Suri - Jul 19, 2012
- Clooney keen on selling villa to Cruise - Aug 03, 2012
- Scientology behind JLo, Marc split? - Aug 14, 2011
- Ex-wife sympathises with Tom Cruise - Aug 08, 2012
- Cruise, Suri at Disney world - Aug 01, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes officially divorced - Aug 22, 2012
- Catholic school for scientologist Tom Cruise's daughter - Oct 11, 2009
- Tom Cruise goes house hunting in New York - Aug 01, 2012
- Holmes' dinner date with lawyer - Jul 30, 2012