Toll in Vietnam typhoon rises to 81 (Lead)November 4th, 2009 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Hanoi, Nov 4 (IANS) The toll after typhoon Mirinae hit the central Vietnamese provinces of Phu Yen, Binh Dinh and Khanh Hoa has risen to 81 Wednesday, a media report said.
An official committee for flood, storm prevention and control of Phu Yen province said that at least 81 people have died and many others have been injured by the typhoon, Xinhua reported.
Over 9,000 houses were damaged in the storm and thousands of people were rendered homeless in the province of Phu Yen and Binh Dinh. A large area of Phu Yen province was under water, the report added.
The National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting said that the typhoon has now downgraded into a tropical low pressure hovering around the central Vietnamese provinces.
- Typhoon Mirinae kills at least 30 in Vietnam - Nov 04, 2009
- Vietnam storm toll rises to 109 - Nov 06, 2009
- 16 dead, 38 injured in Vietnam floods - Sep 10, 2012
- 27 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Tropical storm Ketsana kills 11 in Vietnam - Sep 29, 2009
- Death toll from Typhoon Bolaven in North Korea reaches 59 - Sep 06, 2012
- 10 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam - Aug 19, 2012
- 48 dead in Vietnam flood - Oct 08, 2010
- Archaeologists unearth 127-km long 'Great Wall' of Vietnam - Jan 27, 2011
- 11 dead in Vietnam from hand-foot-mouth disease - Mar 15, 2012
- Floods leave 17 dead in Vietnam - Sep 28, 2009
- Over 850,000 evacuated due to China storms - Aug 05, 2012
- Typhoon Ketsana kills over 160 in Vietnam - Oct 05, 2009
- Typhoon hits Philippines, kills one - Oct 31, 2009
- Vietnam holds meet on n-power - Mar 08, 2012