Toll in Turkey quake rises to 459October 26th, 2011 - 8:32 am ICT by IANS
Ankara, Oct 26 (IANS) The toll from Sunday’s powerful earthquake in Turkey has risen to 459. At least 1,352 other people were injured, the Disaster and Emergency Administration said.
The earthquake led to the collapse of about 80 multi-storeyed buildings in Ercis, a town of 75,000 people close to the Iranian border.
A total of 3,346 search and rescue personnel have been dispatched to the quake-hit province of Van in southeastern Turkey, Xinhua reported.
A two-week-old baby was rescued from the rubble in Ercis district of Van province Tuesday, almost two days after the 7.2-magnitude earthquake, local newspaper Today’s Zaman reported.
- Turkey quake toll rises to 432 - Oct 25, 2011
- Turkey quake toll rises to 523 - Oct 27, 2011
- Turkish teenager rescued after four days - Oct 28, 2011
- Turkey quake toll reaches 279 - Oct 25, 2011
- Turkey quake toll rises to 582 - Oct 29, 2011
- 1,000 feared killed as major quake jolts Turkey - Oct 23, 2011
- Turkey quake toll rises to 596 - Oct 31, 2011
- Seven killed as magnitude-5.6 quake hits Turkey - Nov 10, 2011
- Indians safe in quake-hit Turkey - Oct 24, 2011
- Up to 1,000 feared dead after powerful quake devastates eastern Turkey - Oct 23, 2011
- Turkey quake toll rises to 32 - Nov 12, 2011
- Moderate earthquake hits west Turkey, 2 killed - May 20, 2011
- UAE quake aid to Turkey - Oct 26, 2011
- China quake toll rises to 25 - Mar 11, 2011
- Eight hurt as Iranian bus attacked in Turkey - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: ankara, collapse, disaster, earthquake in turkey, emergency administration, iranian border, magnitude earthquake, old baby, powerful earthquake, rubble, search and rescue, southeastern turkey, turkey quake, xinhua, zaman